Excursion en Hélicoptère – Cascades de l'île Maurice
|Heures de service||06:00 - 18:00|
|Jours Opérant||Tous les jours|
|Heure de L'Activité||Flexible|
|Transports||Offert en Supplément|
Ce contenu n'est pas disponible en français
Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour - Helicopter tour - Overview
Discover the scenic aerial views of the spectacular waterfalls as you soar up above the skies of Mauritius!
The waterfalls of Mauritius are hidden gems that require venturing out in the open - often requiring a hike. Skip the sweat and strain and discover the waterfalls from a new and different perspective. Taking off from the south of the island, home to the vast majority of natural landmarks on the island, you will be able to travel in true VIP style while having an exciting sightseeing tour. Discover the coastal regions, the iconic 7 coloured earth, mountain peaks and the famous, mind-boggling illusory underwater waterfall at Le Morne.
Experience the unparalleled beauty of Mauritius waterfalls by hopping aboard this 30-minute helicopter tour and make your vacation a memorable one.
Highlights of this trip:
- Take your sightseeing to new heights with this unique helicopter sightseeing tour
- Designed for nature lovers who’d like a new perspective of the island’s natural wonders
- View key and iconic sites including Le Morne, Underwater Waterfall, the highest mountain in Mauritius and more
- A trained and experienced helicopter pilot to guide you throughout your amazing trip
- Aerial views of the coastline, the silhouettes of mountains and spectacular views of the pristine beauty of the region
Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour - Helicopter tour - Inclusions :
- Helicopter trip for up to 4 passengers
- 30-minute Helicopter Sightseeing Tour
- View Key Sites such as : Chamarel Coloured Earth & Waterfall, Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire (Black River Peak), Le Morne Brabant and the Underwater waterfall
- Trained and experienced helicopter pilot
- Fully equipped with safety equipments and measures
Transport is available for an additional supplement and will include pick up and drop off from any hotel / place of accommodation in Mauritius.
You can choose from a selection of vehicles types:
All drivers speak fluent English and French (Upon special request we can organize drivers who speak additional languages). The drivers, citizens of Mauritius, will be happy to provide you with information about Mauritius and each of its sights.
All drivers are very professional, time efficient and friendly. There is high emphasis on being always on time and providing reliable devoted service to customers.
Helipad at Avalon Golf Estate
|Activity Time:||06:00 - 18:00 (Flexible)|
|Operating Days:||Monday - Sunday|
30 Minutes Flight from the South - Departs from the helipad at Avalon Golf Estate
Key sites you will see as part of the flight:
- Chamarel Coloured Earth
- Chamarel Waterfalls
- Black River Gorges National Park
- Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire (Black River Peak)
- Grand Bassin
- Kanaka Crater
- Cascade Kanaka
- Tamarin Falls (7 Waterfalls of Tamarin/ Sept Cascades)
- Le Morne Brabant
- Underwater Waterfall
About The Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour
Fasten your seatbelt and get ready for the Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Sightseeing Tour specially designed for nature lovers who wish to have a wonderful moment of discoveries. The helicopter will take off in the panoramic South of Mauritius where you will have the chance to contemplate the pristine beauty of the region from its coastal fishing villages, along with the magnificent topography including colourful houses, green trees, and winding streets on land.
Your sightseeing tour will take you to the extraordinary Chamarel Colored Earths which is known for being one of the most famous tourist attractions in Mauritius due to its unusual coloured-earth formation. It was created by volcanic rocks, giving it beautiful patterns and many colours.
Enjoy the spectacular view of the Chamarel waterfalls cascading down into the River du Cap. The enchanting waterfalls tumble down by almost 100 metres along a vertical cliff offering simply magnificent sights.
The paradisiacal view does not stop here. You will also fly over the electrifying green, dense forests of Maccabee and Petrin at Black River Gorges Park, known for their adventurous hiking trails. With some luck you might also spot the fauna of the region.
You will also get to see the highest mountain of Mauritius, the Black River Peak (Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire) with a height of 828m above sea level. It truly is a lush green monument in itself, which will blow your mind.
As you continue on with your helicopter trip you will discover the Kanaka Crater, where you will be mesmerised by the geological volcanic features. Nearby is the Cascade Kanaka which is a gorgeous waterfall - Cascade Kanaka. The next waterfall sightseeing spot is the Tamarin Waterfalls also known as ‘7 Cascades’ offers several breathtaking waterfalls surrounded by indigenous plant species. Also, very famous for its challenging hiking trails, the location offers you absolutely lush green views.
Afterwards, the helicopter heads south-west, towards the direction of La Gaulette, a fishing village where you will find pinewoods and mangroves, along with hills and mountains. Then to Le Morne where you can appreciate the UNESCO Le Morne Brabant and the most fascinating underwater waterfall, along with the strikingly wonderful coral reefs of this part of the island. The underwater waterfall is an illusory waterfall which is formed due to the movement of sand and silt sediments under the influence of powerful underwater currents.
About The Key Sites:
- Chamarel Waterfalls: The most vibrant tourist attraction in Mauritius with its unique and magnificent coloured earth, waterfalls and verdant forests as key features.
- Black River Gorges: The national park is in the South-western part of Mauritius covering about 67.54 km². It consists of luxuriant forests, splendid waterfalls and canyons.
- Piton de la Petite Rivière Noire: The Black River Peak is considered as the highest Mountain in Mauritius at a height of 828m.
- Grand Bassin: Considered as a sacred place by the Hindu community in Mauritius, the Grand Bassin Lake is a popular pilgrim place where Hindu idols are worshipped.
- Kanaka Crater & Waterfall: A dormant volcanic crater covered in lush greenery and also home to a gorgeous waterfall near Mont Perruche and Bois Cheri - Cascade Kanaka
- Tamarind Waterfalls: Known as ‘7 Cascades’, this site offers several breathtaking waterfalls surrounded by indigenous plant species.
- Le Morne: The UNESCO World Heritage Site has a summit of 556 metres (1,824 ft) above sea level and has become the iconic attraction of Mauritius.
- Underwater Waterfall: This beautiful underwater waterfall is an optical illusion, located near the shores of Le Morne
About The Helicopter- Mauritius Waterfalls Aerial Tour
This helicopter is the safest single engine helicopter in the world. It is a turbine engine powered helicopter. The helicopter is fast, comfortable, reliable and provides an unrivalled view. The fleet comprises a seating with a capacity of 4 passengers plus the pilot. A trained and experienced helicopter pilot, according to global safety standards, will guide you throughout your amazing trip.
Model: 206 Jet Ranger
Lifting Capacity: 500 kg
Crew: 1 Pilot
Passenger Capacity: 4 passengers
Engine: 2 single engines (Bell jet Ranger 206BIII)
We recommend that you bring a camera to capture unforgettable moments!
|Helicopter 30-Min Flight from Avalon Golf Esate (South Helipad)|
|2 People||615 Euros|
|3 People||725 Euros|
|4 People||835 Euros|
Note: A landing fee may be applicable as per the policy of the helipad operator and is to be paid directly on the day at the helipad.